At Wealth & Retirement Solutions (WRS), we recognize the importance of your personal information. We appreciate that you may have concerns about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of your personal information. WRS is committed to providing you with the highest quality of financial services within a secure and private environment. Information is only collected if we consider it is necessary to deliver you with the best possible advice.
New privacy laws apply to the private sector from 21 December 2001 as a result of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. These laws regulate among other matters, the way organisations collect, use disclose, keep secure and give people access to their personal information.
WRS and the National Privacy Principles.
WRS will collect information that is necessary to provide financial planning services to you. We will endeavor to collect personal information in a lawful and non-obtrusive way. The type of personal information that WRS collects and maintains generally comprises:-
• Name, address, contact details (including phone, fax, e-mail)
• Personal Profile – including objectives, needs and financial situation
• Tax Details – including objectives, needs and financial situation
• Tax Details – including Tax Numbers, ABN & GST information where applicable
• Identification documents – eg. Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence, Passport
• Bank Account/s, Stockbroker Accounts/s and Investment/s Details.
WRS will only use and disclose personal information about the individual for the purpose for which it was collected, unless consent has been obtained to use the information for additional purposes. Exceptions to this include where disclosure is:-
• Required by law
• Reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency
• Auditors, Accountants, Legal Advisers or Consultants or where required for the purposes of administration of Self – Managed Superannuation Funds.
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. You are able to access and update your information at any time. If you think we hold information about you that is incorrect in any way or out of date, please contact us .
WRS is committed to keeping your information secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect any information we hold about you.
We are open with you about what kinds of personal information WRS holds and what we do with it.
Clients are allowed access to personal information that WRS holds about them, Incorrect or inaccurate information will be corrected where necessary. If we need to deny your request for access, we will let you know why. Generally, this will only be in cases where providing access would be unlawful or not within the realms of the legislation.
WRS does not adopt government agent identifiers, for example, tax file numbers or Medicare numbers as a means of identifying you.
Generally, WRS does not transfer your personal information outside Australia. WRS however send information on your investments to you at an overseas address if requested.
Generally, WRS does not collect sensitive information about you (eg; information about your religion, race, political views). If we do need to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent.
If you have any queries:
Please contact us if:-
• You believe someone has gained access to your personal information by mistake
• You wish to know what personal information WRS is holding about you or you would like to gain access to or amend that information.
You may contact us by:
• Telephone – (07) 3319 4888
• Writing to us at PO Box 57, Spring Hill QLD 4000
We will take all reasonable steps to either supply the information or to correct the information so that it